Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Family, Fun and Fourth of July

So we had the family over for the fourth and had big plans. I guess you could say the rain kinda changed things a bit but as most everyone did...We improvised. We had a great time despite the rain and even got to set off our fireworks at about 10 when the rain FINALLY stopped. Got a little wet at the festival early in the day but everyone (including the girls) were good sports and no one really minded it too much. Sunday night Jeremy n I went and watched the Morgantown fireworks with some friends and then Monday it was back to work...YUCK!!! Yes, I had 3 days off but 3 days just really isn't enough. We spent most of the day Friday working and cleaning on the house. Friday night ventured to the WONDERFUL Catfish Festival and enjoyed the car show and the socializing. Despite all the people who insist on attending the festival every yr and then leaving and griping about how bad it sucked...I love it! For me, its all about the small town, everybody knows everybody atmosphere. I look forward to it each yr and wish we had gotten to attend a lil more this yr. Its one time of the yr when you know you are going to see all those hundreds of people who you only see once a yr...At the Festival. I am thankful for the Catfish plates, the square dancing music, the generic carnival rides and the over priced Funnel Cakes...Thats right, I am admiting it...I love the Catfish Festival. More importantly, I love this lil town!!!
Hope everyone else enjoyed the 4th of July wkend and made the best of it despite the bad weather.

No comments: