Friday, January 1, 2010

Looking back on 2009

Okay so its now a New Year, 2010, and its amazing to look back on the past 12 months. It was 12-30-08 when we found we were expecting a baby and it was New Years Eve when we shared the news with others. We started off last year with so much excitement and anticipation. What would we have, what we name it, when would we have it, etc, etc. We first got to see an ultrasound that showed a little bitty "pea" in my belly and from there, we watched her grow. We were blessed with her arrival on 9-3-09, after a very blessed and healthy pregnancy, I was also blessed with not a bad labor and an easy delivery. Ava RayAnn Overton came into our world and it has been a wonderful Journey every since. We've loved her first smile, her first sounds, her first laugh, watching her go from completely dependent to almost sitting on her own, to almost doubling in size and the way she takes in everything around her and attempts to figure out this crazy world. She has been amazing. 2009 will forever be remembered as the year that changed our lives FOREVER!!
Also, in 2009, Jeremy and I celebrated our 1 yr wedding anniversary. We went and spent the wkend at the Opryland Hotel and had an Amazing experience. That place will blow your mind and, considering I was 8 months pregnant, it made for a PERFECT anniversary get a way. Especially the fact that we got one night free and a free meal at a 4 star restaurant while we were there =)
On March 30, 2009, we said good-bye to a dear friend, Dustin Belcher, when a tragic car wreck took him away. I will never forget the moment I heard the words, " he didn't make it" and how I felt. It was so unbelievable that Dustin, so full of life, could be gone. He left behind two beautiful baby girls and family and friends who forever cherish the memories. It was tough to say good-bye but we all had no choice but to continue to move forward. Although Dustin isn't here to go forward with us in person, he is definately with us in memory.
The summer of 2009 was a good one. The heat didnt' get me down, eventhough I was pregnant, and Jeremy and I got soo much done outside here at the home. We landscaped, bought new patio furniture, dug a fish pond, built a lil waterfall, had a sidewalk, patio and carport pored and really made some changes. Yes, we have plenty more to do but its definately a start. We spent some time away from home shortly after Ava was born since Jeremy was working out of town. He loaded up his girls and took us with him. We shared a few weeks together in a lil cottage just outside of Somerset. We did what we had to do to keep our family together.
We hosted our first Thanksgiving here at the house and cooked our first traditional Thanksgiving dinner. Turkey, ham, dressing, sweet potatoe casserole, etc. Jeremy n I figured it all out together and it all turned out GREAT!! We had the family over which also included my aunt and uncle from Owensboro, who we hadn't seen since my Grandmother passed away Sept of '08. We had a great time and enjoyed starting traditions that we hope to continue.
Of course, through out the first 9 months of 2009, I was learning all the joys of being pregnant and experiencing some of the non joys of being pregnant as well. My belly grew, my emotions were crazy, my back ached and I couldnt' seem to ever get enough sleep. I went from weighing 125 to 160 and my feet would sometimes hurt. It was all to be expected though and through it all, I complained VERY little. I took it all in stride and enjoyed the experience. After all, I had a baby growing inside of me. It was a VERY small price to pay for the gift that we got from it. In the last 3 months of 2009, I have been experiencing all the joys of being a mommy. Along with all the responsibilities and the sacrifices that also go along with it. Its not always an easy task but the PROs definately outway the CONs.
Good-bye to 2009 and hello to 2010. May God continue to Bless each and everyone of you. Remember to count your blessings, you may be suprised how many you come up with. Each new day is an adventure and each new year is a gift. We are never promised tomorrow but Today is a guarantee. Live each day to its fullest and treat life as the precious gift that it is!!!!!
HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Ashley Bridges said...

I love reading your blog...You write well...I smiled and got sad all in one of your blog posts... :) You have been truly blessed Dee I love you lots!!