Monday, February 9, 2009

Goodbye...AGAIN!!!

Well its Monday again and not only are Mondays bad because its back to work for me but they are especially bad because it is also back to work for Jeremy. With this job, he gets to come home on Sundays since its only 6 days a wk but since he works nights, its early Sunday morning b4 he can get home and then I have to leave early Monday morning for work and we dont have nearly enough time together. This weekend I went to Paducah on Saturday so we could have that day together also and we had a good time. We had planned to go to Patti's and have lunch but since they hadn't had power and had just gotten everything back, they weren't open on Saturday so we opted for Texas Roadhouse and that was okay too. We went down to the river walk in Paducah, which is actually VERY neat. I didn't realize there was soo much to c in Paducah but its a pretty neat little town. Of course, Jeremy had to go to work Saturday night so we didn't have a hole lot of time but we did get to spend the afternoon together and anything is better than nothing. Once he left for work around 530, I just crawled in the bed in the Motel rm and never got up again. It was kinda nice actually with the exception of the very loud and abnoxious people next door. :) We drove home as soon as he got off of work Sunday morning at 4am and slept for a while after we got home before getting up and enjoying a very beautiful Sunday afternoon and evening. Now he is back in Paducah for another week and here I am at home. Oh well, I will manage, its just a part of life. Sometimes there are sacrifices that have to be made and I know that he is sacrificing as well. Hopefully, the weekend will get here soon and I will once again be able to spend some time with my wonderful husband. Its actually suprising how well I manage here at the house alone. Much, much better than I thought I would b4 he left this past fall to go to Knoxville for about 10 wks. I have impressed myself and him too actually. This job will only be about 4 more wks though so it will be over b4 we know it and then he will be back home with me!!!
I guess I am going to go and find something for supper before settling in to watch The Bachelor tonight...YAYY!! I love that show!!

1 comment:

Ashley Bridges said...

I remember these days...when I was pregnant with Peyton Chad was working in Maine. So he was literally gone the whole like 7 months of me pregnant. He was only home like one weekend every three or so weeks. It was hard but I was living with my sis at the time and working so I just was really lazy..which was great. I remember he called me one day and I was big and pregnant at this point and he said ..."I'm gonna be a daddy" It was so funny, it was like he jsut realized it. Of course I was like yea no crap...lol..Hang in there..Luv ya