Sunday, February 8, 2009

Playing Catch up

So I have finally found the motivation to sit down and catch up a little on my blogging. The last time I wrote it was just a short lil note on the craziness of the week before and I said that I would write more about my experiences and thoughts regarding the ice storm later. Well I guess today is finally later. I was one of the lucky ones and cant complain too much at all about how things were for me during that time. We knew it was going to get bad on Monday night and that the power could possibly go out so I went to stay at Deana Jo n Brandons just in case. We dont have back up heat and Jeremy was out of town so of course, everyone was worried that I may get cold and maybe even sick so I didnt' argue. I figured it was for the best anyways. So I ended up staying over there until Wednesday evening when I went and stayed with my sister n Brad in BG for the night. On Thursday I was back home with power and running water. Not too bad of an experience. Tuesday morning Deana Jo and I couldnt' decide whether or not we wanted to try and make it to work. The roads weren't terrible but the trees and power lines were the concern. We figured what the heck, we would give it a shot and boy what fun that was. We headed out around 830 and got a bite to eat and then on to Muhlenburg Co we went. Just for the record...If its bad in Butler Co, its TERRIBLE in Muhlenburg. They do not do much to there roads and Tuesday was no exception. We went under trees, over trees, through trees, around trees....All on hwy 70 from the county line all the way to 431. We made it though. In my lil hot rod work car, I really wasn't concerned about a few scratchs or dents for that matter. The real fun wasn't until we decided to take the haul rd home though. This was an ADVENTURE to say the least. We laughed and laughed at ourselves and how ridiculous it was that we were even trying it. You know what though...We made it. Its a thousand wonders how we got from one end of that road to another but we did and all we lost was the passenger side mirror...HAHA!!! Wednesday we didn't try it but stayed home and played in the snow a lil with Blake. Fun in the snow is always great. When Blake went down for a nap, DJ, Brandon n I settled in for a little game of Monopoly. What else was there to do with no power?? We had a good time and Brandon was actually the winner. Thursday was a pretty normal day for me...Work and home. Everything was as usual.

The hardest thing for me about the entire situation was not being able to get in contact with Jeremy through all of this. He was in Paducah where things were much worse than they were here and it was not all okay with me when I couldn't just pick up the phone to make sure he was okay. We were luckily able to get in touch with one another maybe once a day, usually late and it was WONDERFUL to hear his voice and know that he was okay. Same with him, he was worried sick knowing that I had been out on the roads and not being able to make sure that I had made it safely. It put things in perspective for me a little bit. The power and all the ammentities are really not as important as we may all think they are. Its our family and loved ones that really matter the most. As long as you have them and you know that they are safe and taken care of, everything else will be fine. Until next when I will try to catch up on this past week...I hope that everyone is doing well and has had a wonderful weekend.

No comments: