Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Braving the Weather

Well we got some snow and ice last night as I am sure all of you all know. I told Jeremy last night that I really needed to come in to work today since it is part of my job to get the guys in the gate. I figured if they got here and the gate was locked they would be lost as to what to do to get in. I also have some other things that have to be done today. I really wasn't sure about driving in it considering I really never have had to drive in much ice or snow for that matter but I was gonna give it a shot. Thankfully, Jeremy offered to drive me to work and we made it safely with very little trouble. Sure it was slick but not too bad and I was in good hands. I was just glad I didn't have to drive. I would probably be fine but its always better to have someone with you. I do have to say the white blanket of snow over the parking lot is beautiful. I LOVE THE SNOW!! Its an icy snow and not one to be out playing in but it still looks pretty. Brandon brought Deana Jo to work too so Jeremy got in with him and they have gone duck hunting. I cant say whether they were just being good husbands or if they really just wanted to go hunting but either way, we got here safely and they are on their way to doing what they love so it worked out for us all. I know they would have been worried to death had they not brought us though and they could have gone hunting anywheres so I am thankful they care enough to alter there hunting arrangements to compensate us =) I am driving home though so maybe the roads will clear up a little. If not, I am sure I will make it just fine. Hope everyone else makes it safely to their destinations or just stays home which, of course, is always the better option.

1 comment:

The Belchers said...

Glad you made it to work OK!! I DON'T drive in this stuff! I always made Josh take me lastyear. Becareful on your way in :)
~Did I mention I LOVE that your blogging~
Your going to have to talk Deana into it, I never get to talk to her anymore!