Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Goodbye to 2008

As we prepare to bring in a new year, its always good to look back at the year that we are leaving behind and reflect on everything...The good and the Bad. I have to say that 2008 has been an amazing year for me and Jeremy. We have sooo much to look back on and its even funnier to look back at 2007 and think about how much things have changed since then. Just thinking about how much things will continue to change and all the things we have to come in our life. This past year has consisted of so many wonderful experiences. We have enjoyed some GREAT times with some wonderful Friends, have traveled to some wonderful places,I got a new job, got engaged and GOT MARRIED!! We have started our lives together as a family in 2008 and will ALWAYS cherish this year as the start of soooo much to come.
It was February 14th when we got engaged. He did such a wonderful job keeping a secret...until that day. It was sooo cute. He had Deana Jo on board for months to get me away everytime he needed to make a run to BG to work out all the details. I over heard a phone call on that day and began to figure things out. Deana Jo went to BG and got the ring, since he couldn't get away from me and he made a run to town to pick it up. Long story short...It was WONDERFUL...A beautiful ring from my Soul Mate and the first step to the rest of our lives together.
In June we embarked on an adventurous and eventful vacation to Cancun with a wonderful group of friends. The Tucks, The Gents and The soon to be Overtons enjoyed a great week and fun and interesting times at Temptation resort in Cancun Mexico. Needless to say, its a different world down there and you would be suprised at the things you may see. One way or another...It brought us all together and the best thing we took from the trip were some great memories and some Amazing Friends who we hadn't spent much time with.
I cant forget to mention the new addition to the family, Miss Addison Baylee Johnson who was born one day after her big sister, Madison's bday and one day before mine. Yep, we share a sequence of Bdays starting with May 19th and ending on May 21st. She is a bundle of JOy...Literally. The happiest little baby EVER!! She is a doll and it was yet another blessing to be an aunt to 3 beautiful lil girls.
In July we took a trip to Daytona with my family for our annual family Vacation. It is always an experience but we have sooo much fun. If you know my family at all, you know that chaos is never far behind when we all get together. Its just what we do...We fuss and bicker and be a bit hateful to one another...NO BIG DEAL...REALLY. Its soo true. It means absolutely nothing and not a soul in the family gets his or her feelings hurt when someone tells them to just be quiet. Its crazy I know...But for us, its just a way of life. We really do love each other. That trip was a good one and once again...Good memories and closer relationships.
AUG 2nd 2008...The Happiest day of my life. The day I would marry my soul mate...My best friend. It was an amazing day and everything I could want. We were able to share our very special day with those who mean the most to us and were officially on the way to our Happily Ever After. The honeymoon was wonderful. We went to the Biltmore Estate in Asheville, NC and stayed in the Biltmore Inn...AMAZING!! Let me just say, we were in awww of the elegance and serenity of the entire atmosphere. There couldn't be a better place for a honeymoon. A place to just get away and relax with one another.
Shortly after our wedding, one of the not so great times of 2008 occured. My Grandmother who was 91 yrs old passed away in her home in Owensboro. My Grandmother was an amazing woman who inspired sooo many people with her activeness at the age of 90 and her amazing commitment to God and her church. Grandmother was ready to go home...She was tired and ready to go be with her 3 children she had said good bye to along with two husbands and some of her closest friends. Goodbyes are never easy but we had to let her go...Go be with her Lord and now she can be our Angel.
The holidays have been great this year and throughout the year I have continued to be blessed...Over and Over again. We got much more involved in our church and found where we want to be in life. I have gotten back in touch and "re" found some amazing friends.(Bridgette n Racheal) I have continued to be blessed with the Best Friend I could ask for, Deana Jo, who has never let me down and is always there for me. And have not lost touch with my long time friend Jonnica, who for years has been a part of my life. It fun to look back, to reflect and even more fun to look forward. I hope that everyone has a Blessed NEW YEAR and that 2009 will hold plenty of happiness and Joy. I am very excited about what is to come in our lives!!!

No comments: