Thursday, December 4, 2008

Grandmothers Christmas Village

Well there isn't really too much for me to say. Nothing extremely exciting has happened or anything out of the ordinary at all really. I do have to say though, that I left out of my last blog about us getting our Christmas tree and everything out and got the house all ready for Christmas. We did that on Friday afternoon after we got in from shopping and lunch with his parents. I always love to put the tree up and have been waiting patiently for the time to come. I was thrilled that we got to do this together. Last yr I put it up by myself because Jeremy had to work and this year I was really hoping it would work out to where we could do it together. Turns out..it did and we got it up and decorated just perfectly. Well we think so anyways...LOL. A few other things I got out and sat up around the house. The most cherished is definately the little village houses I got from my Grandmothers apartment. She passed away in September and I now everytime I see those villages along with the china, the cabinet and the curio, I think of Grandmother and picture all of these things in her apartment. The village houses she never put up. All year round she kept them sitting out in her living room. She just loved those little houses and now I can love them too. Grandmother was definately as close to an angel on earth as you can get. Never saying a cross word to or about anyone and even at 91 yrs old, she read her Bible everyday. A bible that I now have and when I look through the pages and see all her notes and marked verses, I am careful to read. I know that anything that touched her life and inspired her could be an inspiration to me as well and I only hope that through Grandmothers inspiration I can live half the life that she did. She was an amazing lady and everyone that knew her would tell you that...We love you and Miss you Grandmother!

I also have to mention that fact that my kitchen is a total disaster!! We are doing some home repairs and remodeling so wish us luck. At this point it looks like just a big mess but I know things have to get worse before they can get better. Lucky for me, Jeremy has it all under control and I dont have to worry about how it is all going to come back together. It will and I will very happy with the outcome but for now...KITCHEN IS OFF LIMITS!!!

No comments: