Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving, Shopping and everything in between

So its been a few days since I have posted anything but that is because like most of you probably, I have been busy, busy. On Thursday we started our day at my Mamaw Daugherty's house for Thanksgiving lunch. My job was to bring the rolls. I dont guess they quite trust my cooking yet...LOL. Lunch was great with all the fixings and I ate plenty. From there we headed to Beaver Dam to visit with Jeremy's family. They had already eaten by the time we got there and even though I was completely stuffed I could not resist the Pecan Pie and Coconut Cream pie so once again...I was eating!! When we left there we went to visit with his mom n dad for a bit and then I headed to Bowling Green to meet my sis to start our Shopping adventure! We headed to Gander Mtn for their Thanksgiving day sale and we shopped and shopped. Needless to say by the end of our visit, we earned plenty of Gander bucks with the $20 they were giving with every hundred. Our husbands will be happy. From there we headed back to her house to map out our BLACK FRIDAY shopping route!!! We were up til 130 shopping the ads and giving Brad his TO BUY list at the stores we weren't going to hit. Even though we were up til 130 we got up only 2 hrs later at 330 to hit the early opening stores...Kohls being our first stop. We had a blast and didn't see anyone do any punching, slapping, or hair pulling. Toys R Us, KMart and the mall wrapped up our shopping trip and 7 hrs later...We had done all the damage to the bank account we could stand. Most likely some of you reading this are thinking...DIDDO! So from there I had to go to Crackel Barrell to meet Jeremy n his Parents for our Thanksgiving dinner with them, the non traditional way. Friday night we went over to Deana Jo n Brandons so the guys could go hunt and I borrowed DJ's kitchen to fix my desserts for Saturdays' Thanksgiving at my sisters. Home at 1230 and in the bed finally...Just to get up on Saturday and start another non stop day of cooking, eating, game playing and babysitting. We brought little Raigan home with us for the night and we took her to church with us on Sunday. She did pretty good actually. When we made it home from church we laid her down for a while and finally I could relax for a few minutes. We spent the afternoon playing and Josh n Kristin came to get her around 630. It was a long and like I said, busy weekend/holiday but it was GREAT!! I had a wonderful time and cant wait til Christmas.
I am back to work now and getting things back to normal. Glad to have Jeremy home in the evenings when I get there.

1 comment:

The Belchers said...

Don't worry about the rolls, Josh's family only asks us to bring drinks! AND my family well lets put it this way they still don't ask Jessi to bring anything, so I think I'm in the clear!!
I didn't even tackle BG on Friday!! Mom and Dad went later but Josh and I stayed in.