Wednesday, April 15, 2009

All is Well

The profile of our little baby girl...How Precious!!?!!!?
I thought this was sweet...She has her little hand on her forehead!


We had our 20 wk check up and ultrasound yesterday and all is well with me and little Ava Rayann. We did confirm that we are, indeed, having a little girl and we are both very excited. Despite the fact that Jeremy had always said he wanted a little boy, since we have known that I was pregnant, he has said that it really doesn't matter. I always thought that deep down he may be disappointed if we didn't have a boy but actually I believe he is thrilled about having a little girl to love and spoil. I know that there will be no chance of her not being a daddy's girl because I know that he will be such an amazing daddy. He is already telling the guys at work about all the cute little girl clothes and about the bedding we looked at for her nursery. It all gets more and more exciting everyday. I just cant wait to be a mommy and cant wait for us to have our very own little family. It is going to be the best experience EVER!!!! We are debating on the spelling of her name. I know what you are thinking.."How many ways can you spell Ava" Well Jeremy seems to think it should be Aiva but I think that may lead to some confusion as far as pronunciation. There are also the options of Ayva and Avah. I think the Aiva is just a bit too close to Diva and goodness knows we dont want that...LOL!!! I have still felt great am very grateful for the easy pregnancy I have had so far. I dont have any complaints to this point. I know there will always be minor side effects but I haven't experienced any of the major things so I feel blessed.


Once again, waiting on spring like weather to return and once again, hoping that it will stick around. These mornings in the low 40's are for the birds!!!!!!

5 comments:

Hillery said...

I am glad to hear that you are still doing good and no sickness. That profile picture is very clear it is almost like she is already here.

Beth said...

What amazing pics!

We're praying the rest of your pregnancy goes as smoothly as these first 20 weeks!

You're right, it will be the best experience ever!My baby girl is my dream come true and my very best friend already! I know Ava will be the same for you!

Beth and Isabella Faye

Manda said...

I like the name Ava. And I agree that spelling it Aiva would cause some confusion. She will be a sweetie and you guys will be great parents!

Amanda Childress

Katrina said...

I like spelling names different too. My oldest is Caidon. I like Ayva!!

Robin Coley said...

Oh you just wait til that baby girl gets here. Jeremy will be beside himself!!! I was worried Nick would be disappointed when we had a girl too, but oh my goodness, that couldn't be farther from the truth. Little girls love their daddies!!!!

Good luck!!!!!!