Monday, April 27, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

Well Jeremy finally took a night off of work on Saturday and I was THRILLED that we had the day and night to spend together. We have had plans for a while to go and listen to the "Duck Commander" speak at a church in Clinton, KY on Saturday night w/ Deana Jo n Brandon so Jeremy had told them a while back he wouldn't be there Saturday night. I think after working 26 days straight he deserved a day off anyways. It was a wonderful day and since he didnt' have to work Saturday night, he got up around 10 and we got to do some things outside and do went to town and got our 1st Sno Shack icees' of the season =) before we had to get ready to go. It was a great day to be out for a road trip though and it was VERY nice for us to get to have some real conversations since those have been few and far between lately with our schedules. We didn't even turn the radio on, just enjoyed the day and each other. It was Great!!! We ended up getting home around midnight on Saturday but we had a great time and enjoyed the message. Sunday morning we got up and went to church in Beaver Dam, which we hadn't gotten to do for a while. It was nice to get back to the church we typically go to and see everyone. Afterwards, we just enjoyed a little down time until Jeremy had to go to work again last night. I really hated to say good-bye to him. After us having such a wonderful Saturday and Sunday morning/early afternoon, I really wished he didnt' have to leave so we could enjoy the rest of the day together. I am thankful for the time that we did have together though and have really enjoyed this weather. It was wonderful to lay on the couch w/ the windows open and just feel the breeze and take in the outdoors. I know the rain is heading in but the temperatures have atlast gotten warmer and I am thrilled that Spring is finally here!!!!

1 comment:

Ashley Bridges said...

It was so funny last night I got out a huge box of maternity clothes that my sister gave me over a year ago and I started going through them and to my surprise they were all from when I was pregnant with Peyton..HA HA HA!! I started pulling them out and Chad was like OH MY GOODNESS, I laughed beacuse through my whole pregnancy he worked in Maine and was never home..So he never really got to see me in all those hideous clothes...It was funny though because this time he will be home to see all the wonderful things he missed out on..I am glad that you all got to spend some time together I am sure it was much needed...talk to you soon!