Friday, April 3, 2009

DUSTIN LANCE BELCHER

At the very moment as I write this blog it still seems unreal. Its impossible to get past it and to get the loss and devastation out of my mind. Not neccessarily my loss or devastation, even though I have plenty of it but the loss and devastation of Dustins family. I know how I have felt since about 730 am on Monday morning and cant even begin to imagine the amount of pain that the family has felt in this time. To Amy Dustin was a husband, to Lloyd and Melissa, their baby, to Josh, a little brother, to Jonnica, a brother n law and to Mayleigh and Audrey, a daddy. To the 1300-1400 people who came to the funeral home, Dustin was a friend, a coworker, a classmate, a cousin, a nephew and on and on...Dustin had several titles and had meant so many different things to sooo many different people but ultimately there is one thing that EVERY person who knew Dustin would agree on; He was full of life. Dustin lived each day the way he wanted to live it. He didnt hold back, didnt back down, never compromised himself or the person that he was. He was who he was...Like it or not, that was him and that is the person he was going to be. I guess thats why you just couldn't help but love him. Despite his honoriness he was down right impossible to be mad at. His smile rarely left his face unless he was mad, (which would most likely be in the garage or at the race track) He loved life and he lived life. His life was cut entirely too short but atleast in the time that he had here with us, he lived like he wanted to live and he left an impression on so many different people.
Its a loss that will be felt for many many yrs to come and a loss that still seems unreal. A loss that is unexplainable and impossible to understand. It is one that seems so un fair and one that makes you ask the question "why" over and over again. The bottom line is despite the amount of times we ask the question, we will never have the answer. We will never understand why God would take such a lively and lovable person from our lives but we also know that we must not dwell on what has happened. In this time, we must all pick up the pieces and some how find the strength to move forward. One thing that is for sure...Dustin may be gone but he will NEVER be forgotten. Everyone who ever knew Dustin will always remember him and yrs from now there will be plenty of people who will have plenty to tell his girls about their daddy. I am very blessed and thankful to have known Dustin for all those yrs and am thankful that throughout all these yrs, our paths were always able to cross pretty regularly and that I have the memories that I have of him. I am thankful for the friendship he had with my husband and that he was the friend that he was to him. I pray for peace and strength for Amy, Lloyd, Melissa, Josh, Mayleigh n Audrey and to all of his friends who have lost so much. It will a tough road to travel but I will pray daily that with God everyone will make it through it.

2 comments:

Ashley Bridges said...

VERY WELL WRITTEN!! I have been praying for the ENTIRE family and I can only continue to pray for them to have strength.. Luv ya girl

Laurie Keen said...

AMEN..I second that motion!! Very nicely said Dee Dee!!!